Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Welp. Its official! I made it through my first semester of college! Hooray! But with this exciting time of Christmas and seeing family and presents and holiday cheer, for this BYUI student, there is also sad that goes along with it. Some of my best friends are going on missions for 2 years, won't be living in the same place, or just won't be returning next semester. I had a great semester and I have met so many great people and it is hard to imagine that things will be different when I return to school in 2 weeks. But alas, so is life. The only thing that is constant is change, but I guess thats one of my hardest life lessons. But anyways, the last 2 weeks have been full of projects, the temple, pranks, secret santas, parties, cleaning, and of course just messing around. So here are a bunch of pictures of my last 2 weeks.

The following are 2 of my roommates and I taking pictures in the snow on our walk home from church. We loved the look of the snow and ice on the trees and couldn't help but start taking pictures.



















One saturday, we went to the temple in the morning, then the guys we were with invited us to their complex's pancake breakfast. Josh had to leave early and we had a lot of extra pancakes so my other friend and I decided to put a bunch of them all over his desk. This was his reaction when he collected them all.

The evidence of the murder of my roommate jennifer....
 Just kidding... its kool-aid..

Crazy christmas photos.... 


Saying goodbye to my good friend and fhe brother Bobby. He will be serving in Ghana for 2 years


 Ya know, just some crazy roommate pictures.
Jennifer may be just a little bit ridiculous...


 This one perfectly describes our personalities: Ellen: Jen, what the heck are you doing?! Geez jennifer.; Shaeli: Jennifer is crazy... Im secretly plotting to murder someone..; Jennifer: Well hello there. I don't care what everyone else thinks I'm going to act like my crazy self and be ridiculous.; Me: Baha. You guys are all crazy and insane. Im going to sit in my corner and laugh at you all.

 Jennifer saying goodbye to Daniel. He has been called to serve in the Colorado Springs Mission


 Ellen, Shaeli and I at 5 am after we said goodbye to Bobby and a few others. We were just a little sad.

Playing the "How many people can we fit in the closet" game with my fhe brothers

Well, that has been a very short summary of my last two weeks of the semester, to those of my friends who are going on missions: God be with you 'til we meet again. I can't wait to see you again in 2 years. You will all be great missionaries. Thanks for being such great friends. And for those of you who have endured to the end of this post, thanks! And as a reward here is some information about what has happened with me recently: so I came back to california for less than 48 hours. Yes that is a little bit crazy, but it was for a good reason. I got my papers submitted to my stake president and they should be officially submitted to Salt Lake on the day after christmas! That means that I should have a mission call in hand in about 2 weeks or so! Hooray! If you have any guesses to where I'm going I'd love to know them! Thanks for reading! I should be posting again pretty soon about Christmas and my trip back to Utah! MERRY CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment